Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 43 - Dec 1

Today is another off day while we wait to see what our playoff fate looks like. We are pretty sure that Fajardo is going to beat Aguas Buenas (because AB is like 0fer on the season) so we’ll have to play a play in game. We head to the gym early to get a lift in and are there for a while before heading to subway where I got duped. I was really looking forward to slamming my five dollar foot long and was quite befuddled when it rang up at $7.49. Apparently what I didn’t know (or rather remember from last time I was in PR) is that it’s a $5 sandwich when you buy a drink and chips?! WTF that’s stupid and now that I’m writing this I should have “returned” the sandwich but oh well. Once we get home I slam a power nap before talking to Diego about food. Yes, I did eat this morning once but he called US to talk about food and that was not going to be a missed opportunity.

When we get back to the gym later its packed and it’s a good thing we did most of our stuff this morning. Todays goal was chest in the am and arms in the pm. This plays perfect with not wanting to wait for machines and crap. Afterwards Eneida took Chris and I out to eat and we got spoiled by getting to watch the first half of Monday Night Football. Bad news is I am playing Drew Brees.

After we get home I give Ralph a call to talk about hoops and he says that Arecibo is pretty much loaded up and ready to go. That sucks because that was one of the teams that I was hoping to get on with since their owner was interested. I guess the good game against Hatillo wasn’t good enough? Who knows… Though we have no solid leads he assures me that theres a bit of a buzz about me on the island. My stats aren’t the greatest and I haven’t shown any flash to my game yet but people see that I work hard and don’t complain or anything like some of the other players on the team do. We’ll see how things pan out but him and Chris are doing their best to kept a glass mostly empty guy looking optimistic. Its been too long since we’ve been in the ocean, that’s gotta change.

No comments:

Post a Comment