

Again when I woke up today Chris was MIA. Apparently him and Eneida went to the mall to pick up a few things for the white party. I hit the gym for a few and when they get back I ask Chris what the money situation is and if he’s heard anything. We were supposed to meet with the mayor of the city yesterday and Eneida told Chris that she had talked with him and that the money will be approved but it won’t be ready for another few weeks because things in government slow down around the holidays. He said that she was in tears when she told him because she is so sorry that all of this is going so bad for us.
We have no money. When I say we I mean the team has no money. He was asking the city for money to cover the checks that he wrote post-dated and that still doesn’t cover close to all of his expenses. What this means for me is two things. One, they have no money with which to buy me a plane ticket home and two, they don’t have the money to pay me what they owe me so even if I wanted to I could pay for my own plane ticket home! The reality that I might not get home for xmas is starting to set in. This is seriously like a nightmare that I just can’t wake up from. Each day I write a blog and get all pissed off about something and each day I try to wake up and think positive and be happy and be ready for another “day in paradise” but its like each day I am getting punched in the gut with more bad news. I didn’t take this gig to make a whole lot of money, infact I would have made more at home working at the grocery store and coaching HS than if I came out here. The point wasn’t to come out here for the money but the point wasn’t also to go broke. While I’ve been out here we’ve gone out a few times but each time I’ve been pretty good about my money, and as far as eating out goes most of the time I paid for food it was with the understanding that I was getting reimbursed. Ontop of that, just because I’m not using my degree doesn’t mean that SallieMae and American Education Services aren’t in a rush to collect all the money they loaned me. I have been out here for the start of just about 3 pay periods for my loans and if I don’t get paid this last check then I will literally be broke. Not walking a fine line and living close to the edge, I literally mean operating with a bank account that says $0.00. And with that $0 I’m supposed to buy my own plane ticket home?! I am so furious….
After mulling this over for a while and being pissed, and depressed, and sad, and angry and every bad emotion you can be I went back to the gym to workout and clear my mind. Fortunately for me Puerto Rican women are awesome and that helped cheer me up. I’d especially like to thank the girl infront of me in spin class for being awesome at spin class. Great workout, terrible day.
Upstairs we are getting things ready for the party some more and downstairs Eneida’s husband and friend are preparing the pig for the roast. This is kinda cool and kinda gross at the same time. They have him on his back and he’s split all the way up the middle to his snout and his spine is cut open so they can remove any of that stuff in there. After rubbing him down in some seasoning they flip him over for the otherside. While he’s on what used to be his belly, they pull out a blade and hammer to crack open his skull and the friend is trying to pry it open while Eneida’s husband is pulling out the brains and what not. Remind me to never be a butcher.
Today sucked. I want to go home and be with my family for Christmas even if I am broke and buy…er make, them terrible gifts this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment