Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day 65 - Dec 23

One step closer to going home!!! Woke up today and started packing. Its amazing I came down with two duffle bags that were full, bought some clothes at the outlet malls, stole a uniform, a basketball (ask me if I feel bad about that), and 2 new pairs of shoes and somehow the bags STILL managed to hold it all with room to spare?! I think my suitcases are an optical illusion. I will say that nothing will ever be as miserable as toting those two GIANT suitcases all over Europe when I was there, that was terrible. All packed up and ready to go we head for the lawyer to finalize the paperwork we started yesterday. He drafts up a contract in Spanish and English describing somewhat the trouble that this whole mess has caused for Eneida as well as Chris and I. This time I remember to get a copy. The lawyer says that we have a legitimate case if we want to sue (I think all lawyers by law are required to say that) and that we should talk to the other guys about organizing something to take them to court. I would love a few extra bucks in my pocket but to be honest, once (if) I get this money from Bonilla and I am paid in full I never want to deal with this mess again.

Once we finish with the lawyer its back on the road. Eneida is starting to really wear on my nerves and I told Chris its like a week long vacation with your aunt. Since we don’t have a car she has to drive us everywhere and she has good intentions but can be really pushy and REALLY nosy. On the way down we hit the outlets and I felt like a celeb. When I was in Bayamon we came a few times to the Nike Outlet and there was a girl who would always help us out and try to hook us up with deals named Luni, then the last time we came in the manager helped us out big team with some discounts and stuff as did another guy. When you’re 6’8 people stare at you regardless… but today all three of them were standing at the front of the store doing something for some reason so as soon as Chris and I walked in 3 Nike employee’s met us with big smiles and handshakes. That definitely drew some attention! Didn’t spend too much and was pissed to see that the shoes I bought 3 weeks ago for $40 on are sale for $9.99 but shit happens.

Back on the road and first we drop off Xavi at his aunts house before we drive to Carolina to get Chris’s hair braided. This proved to be quite the pain in the ass since we had to drive through a lot of traffic and then past the hotel to get it done. To make matters worse when we got there, there was a crazy long line of people infront of him so he hung out and Eneida and I went to check into the hotel. This proved to be quite an interesting situation. We were originally going to get 2 hotel rooms but she thought that was too expensive so she got one room with a queen bed and a hideaway bed in the wall for the 3 of us. This frustrates me because I am sick of being cramped and being around this woman 24/7 but theres nothing I can do. Don’t bite the hand that feeds you right? So here’s where things get interesting, the bathroom opens up to face the room and instead of your standard wood door on hinges it’s a sliding smoked glass door! She’s laying on the bed trying to get a nap and I’ve gotta shit. Maybe if its so terrible she will book a whole separate room? Its worth a go?! Pooping in a quiet room with someone you hardly know is a pretty awkward situation. Post poop I grab a little nap before I am starving and since Chris is still getting his hair did, Eneida and I head to grab food together. I cannot convey how sick of this woman I am. When we sit down for dinner she starts talking to me about her problems with her husband and crying. I feel equal portions of sympathetic, and awkward that she is crying in public with the two of us out to eat. Right as I was starting to lean more towards sympathetic the food came and she started trying to take pictures of everything. I am sick of her taking a million pictures of everything so before I could get sympathetic I just get annoyed again. After dinner she goes to scoop Chris from the barbershop while I get a power before the night.

Off to the casino! A wise man once told me scared money don’t make money. On the walk over I pull out the iphone to do some studying on basic strategy. Unfortunately Chris hasn’t watched 21 so I can’t make any winner winner chicken dinner jokes or cross my arms behind the chair to let him know if the tables hot. When we get there the three of us are just kinda standing there awkward and nervous to play anything. Fuck it, you only live once. Never played roulette before but I understand the basic concepts of where you put your chips and stuff so $40 on the table. So lets see, how do they do this in the movies? Just start saying random numbers of meaning to them and put chips down. College number 34, Aguada number 10, birthday 5/8 which is cool because they are right next to each other on the felt. Over the next 15 minutes I mixed it up a bit and proceeded to win once… when I played the 1:1 pay of ‘black or red’, I chose black and black it was. The good thing is that in the time I spent $40 a dude spent $150 and didn’t win either. Probably not going to play that game again for a while. Blackjack is supposed to be like 80% strategy and 20% luck or something so I watch a few hands before I sit down and buy in. I’m awesome at blackjack when there is a dude named Pedro as the dealer. I made back my $40 from roulette and was up $20! Then Manuel came and was the greatest dealer the casino has ever seen I think. He stole some of my money as did the next kid but I walked away down only $15 overall. Take the money and run. Afterwards Chris and Eneida went back to the hotel and I went to an after hours bar with some friends from when I was in Bayamon. They were both impressed at how much better my Spanish was and I proceeded to learn to salsa and got dangerously close to singing karaoke. When I got back to the hotel I had one thing on my mind. ONE STEP CLOSER TO GETTING HOME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment